Magical World of Harry Potter
This enchanting book series is about Harry Potter, a miserable 11 year old boy living in a tiny closet at the bottom of the stairs in his aunt and uncle's house. His stuck up Aunt Petunia, his selfish Uncle Vernon,
and, worst of all, his greedy, fat cousin Dudley are the
only family he knows of. They treat him horribly.
They make him clean the house and they deprive him of his youth and he hasn't celebrated his birthday for eleven years. Every time he has a birthday,
all he receives is a pair of Dudley's old socks or a toothpick. But what he doesn't
know is that this is all about to change suddenly. He receives thousands of
anonymous letters delivered by an owl and Uncle Vernon is determined not to
let him see them. His family knows a secret that they are not planning on telling
him anytime soon. If only he could find out what this mysterious secret is.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Don’t be intimidated by the 300 pages of this book.
By the end of Chapter 1, you'll find yourself hooked into the story & eager to
discover what's to come next.
Are you a Harry Potter Fan?
How Well Do You Actually Know Harry Potter books?
Let's find out and see if you can answer these 15 questions:
2. In order of birth, who are the seven Weasley siblings?
3. What are the three Unforgivable Curses and are punishable by life in Azkaban?
4. What's the only book in the HP series that doesn't feature Lord Voldemort?
5. n the first line of the first book of the Harry Potter series, we learn that Harry's aunt and uncle, the Dursleys, were proud to say that they were____________:
6. What's the name of the fairy-tale book that Dumbledore bequeaths to Hermione in "The Deathly Hallows"?
7. Professor Gilderoy Lockhart is a fraud and a disaster at almost all spells. There is one type of charm at which he excels, however. What is it?
8. Harry nearly dies several times after catching a glimpse of which death omen?
9. Third-year students at Hogwarts get to do two things they weren't allowed to do previously. What are they?
10. Harry gets to spend part of his summer vacation with Ron because Ron's dad has managed to get them tickets to what major Wizarding event?
11. How did Harry learn about the fate of Neville's parents?
12. Which horse-like creatures pull the school carriages at Hogwarts?
13. Fred and George Weasley's life ambition was to open a joke shop. By Harry's fifth year at Hogwarts, they'd already invented which of novelty items?
14. What are the 7 Horcruxes (objects that contain a fragment of a Dark Wizard's soul)
that Voldemort created?
15.What magical object must Draco Malfoy repair in order to carry out his instructions from Voldemort?
B O O K T A L K
you have been invited to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,
the finest school of magic in the world.
a wizard. And that you are famous among all people in the Wizarding world.
What do you think would be your first reaction to such news?
What is the very first thing you would do?
* Leave a reply by clicking on ~green COMMENTS ~ below in the left corner*
** please ignore a website line that will ask of you to fill in when writing a reply -
it is a glitch and it got stuck on there - i am working of fixing it **